Pages

9.17.2015

WHAT'S A 'KIKI'?


As you might noticed, my blog got a makeover as well as my domain name. I decided to change it to 'KIKI'. I was nicknamed Kiki by birth. It's very common in Asian culture to get a short nickname along with your regular name which often is quite long. Why I got this perticular nickname is unclear. I only remember my mum's childhood dog shared that same name.

Why I decided to change my blog name from 'Hong Loan' to 'KIKI' isn't because I don't like my real name. I like my real name so much that I never told anyone who had difficulties pronouncing my name that I had a nickname, just so they'd make an effort. Only family would actually call me by my nickname. I just thought changing my blog to 'KIKI' would be simple and would suit the style my blog is going.

That's it! No long explanations or deep meaning. Just KIKI.


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment